How to Protect Yourself from Sexual Assault
How to Protect Yourself from Assault
These tips are designed to help you protect yourself on campus, in town, at your home, or while you travel. These are preventative tips and are designed to instruct you in crime prevention tactics.
- Keep you doors locked when you are alone, night and day.
- Don't let strangers into your room or apartment.
- Don't leave a door unlocked for someone planning to come later. Never leave a door propped open.
- Don't pick up hitchhikers and don't hitchhike!
- Park you car in well lighted areas if possible.
- Always check the back seat of your car before entering.
- Don't walk alone, remember to call the University Police (719-255-3111), for an escort.
- Don't give out information or directions to strangers.
- Report all suspicious activity on campus to the University Police (719-255-3111).
- Take a course in self-defense and personal empowerment.